Careers with Passion that
As an international medium-sized company, we have remained true to our roots and look to the future with courage. At STOBER, one wheel meshes with another when pioneering technologies emerge from new ideas. That holds true when it comes to careers at STOBER, too.
Why does it work? Because with us, everyone has the chance to get involved. We offer an open atmosphere that is characterized by appreciation and mutual respect. Here, we can rely on each other because with united forces and a strong culture, we can achieve great things.
We believe employee development is the most important aspect of our business, and that our various development programs are a major determining factor in our current and future success. “People development” is one of our fundamental business initiatives, even more important than product development, technology, etc. Families, communities, and schools develop people to a certain point, and once someone is employed at STOBER, we are very intentional about continuing their personal development.
Professional Development Programs:
- Mentorship/Shadowing opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
Apprentices receive full-time benefits and pay while working 30 hours per week and devoting 10 hours per week to their coursework. Our commitment to people development stretches beyond just apprenticeships—we also have opportunities for high school students and offer tuition reimbursement for every employee to further their education. Pre-apprentices, often high school students, work onsite for 15 hours per week and earn a Journeyman’s certificate and experience in multiple disciplines. Learn more about apprenticeships & students’ offerings below.
In addition to tuition reimbursement for all employees to further their education, we also have a wellness program which encompasses both financial wellness and health wellness. Insurance at STOBER is completely free to employees. Classes have been offered to employees on dieting, exercise, and quitting smoking. STOBER has offered financial education programs, including Pete the Planner.
STOBER Maysville began the Apprenticeship Program in 2005. Upon completion of the program, each apprentice was placed into permanent employment at STOBER Drives in the discipline they chose as apprentices.
- Apprenticeship Program employees receive full-time benefits and pay
- Apprentices work 30 hours per week and attend college or trade school for 10 hours per week
- All school expenses are paid for by the company
- Apprentices may choose from several college institutions and disciplines of study
- 8 of 10 of our Apprenticeship graduates are in significant leadership roles within the company today
- Learn more about our apprenticeship program on our blog.
STOBER’s pre-apprenticeship program takes the “grow your own” method of recruiting and retaining employees to the next level. Pre-apprenticeships are designed for high school students ranging from 14-18 years old. Our program is recognized by the Kentucky Department of Labor.
- Pre-apprentices rotate through multiple departments in the company, giving them hands-on experience and the opportunity to narrow their career interests
- Pre-apprentices work onsite at STOBER Maysville for 15 hours per week
- Pre-apprentices are paid an hourly wage that increases over time
- A Journeyman’s certificate is awarded to each pre-apprentice at the end of the program