Apprenticeships & Opportunities for Students
Our commitment to people development stretches beyond just apprenticeships—we also have opportunities for high school students and even offer tuition reimbursement for every employee to further their education. Apprentices receive full time benefits and pay while working 30 hours per week and devoting 10 hours per week to their coursework. Pre-apprentices, often high school students, work onsite for 15 hours per week and earn a Journeyman’s certificate and experience in multiple disciplines. Learn more about apprenticeships & students’ offerings below.
STOBER Maysville began the Apprenticeship Program in 2005. Upon completion of the program, each apprentice was placed into permanent employment at STOBER Drives in the discipline they chose as apprentices.
- Apprenticeship Program employees receive full-time benefits and pay
- Apprentices work 30 hours per week and attend college or trade school for 10 hours per week
- All school expenses are paid for by the company
- Apprentices may choose from several college institutions and disciplines of study
- 8 of 10 of our Apprenticeship graduates are in significant leadership roles within the company today
- Learn more about our apprenticeship program on our blog.
Pre-apprenticeship Program for Students
STOBER’s pre-apprenticeship program takes the “grow your own” method of recruiting and retaining employees to the next level. Pre-apprenticeships are designed for high school students ranging from 14-18 years old. Our program is recognized by the Kentucky Department of Labor.
- Pre-apprentices rotate through multiple departments in the company, giving them hands-on experience and the opportunity to narrow their career interests
- Pre-apprentices work onsite at STOBER Maysville for 15 hours per week
- Pre-apprentices are paid an hourly wage that increases over time
- A Journeyman’s certificate is awarded to each pre-apprentice at the end of the program