INTRODUCTION AND ACCEPTANCE
ACCESS AND USE
(A) We may offer certain portions of our Services at no charge (e.g., Websites) and others (e.g., mobile Applications) for a one-time fee, on a subscription basis or under any other lawful pricing structure. In all instances, our Services are not being sold to you; rather, you are being granted a limited license to use our Services. In addition, the license to use of any of our paid Services does not necessarily transfer across operating systems and/or different equipment (e.g., mobile devices, computers, etc.). For example, unless we specifically tell you otherwise, the use of any of our mobile Applications is limited to the relevant device and/or operating system you are using at the time you purchase the license to use the Application.
- remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice we include in or through our Services or Service Content;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with our security-related features including, without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict the use of or copying of any software or other Service Content;
- use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or “scrape” the Website or Service Content for any purpose without our express written permission. Notwithstanding the foregoing, STOBER grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. STOBER reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases;
- collect or harvest any personally identifiable information or non-personally identifiable information from our Services including, without limitation, user names, passwords, email addresses;
- solicit other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization without our prior written approval;
- attempt to or interfere with the proper working of our Services or impair, overburden, or disable the same;
- decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any portion of our software or other Service Content, or our Services;
- use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from our Services;
- encourage conduct that violates any local, state or federal law, either civil or criminal, or impersonate another user, person, or entity (e.g., using another person’s Membership (as defined below));
- violate U.S. export laws, including, without limitation, violations of the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations administered by the Department of Commerce; or
- engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Services.
(E) You understand and agree that your use of the Services and/or Service Content while operating a motor vehicle (or during any other activity that requires your attention) may be distracting, dangerous, or prohibited by law. You are solely responsible for your exercising good judgment, acting in a safe and responsible manner, and obeying all laws and regulations at all times. You understand that failing to pay full attention in the operation of a vehicle or in other activities may cause an accident, damage, injury, death, or other serious consequences. You assume sole responsibility for your use of the Services and Service Content.
USER REGISTRATION & PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES
(A) IN ORDER TO ACCESS OR USE SOME FEATURES OF OUR SERVICES, YOU MAY HAVE TO BECOME A REGISTERED USER. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN (13), THEN YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO REGISTER AS A USER, SIGN UP FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES (SEE BELOW), OR OTHERWISE PROVIDE US ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(B) If you become a registered user, you will provide true, accurate and complete registration information and, if such information changes, you will promptly update the relevant registration information. During registration, you will create a user name and password (a “Membership”). You are solely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Membership. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs under your Membership, whether or not you have authorized the activity. You agree to contact us immediately, via the following contact information
STOBER Drives Inc.
Attn: General Manager
1781 Downing Drive
Maysville, KY 41056
if you become aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Membership.
(A) We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available through our Services (collectively, “submit”) messages, text, illustrations, data, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials (“User Content”). Subject to the rights and license you grant herein, you retain all right, title and interest in your User Content. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to User Content even if it is not published through our Services. It is solely your responsibility to monitor and protect any intellectual property rights that you may have in your User Content, and we do not accept any responsibility for the same.
(B) You shall not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit.
(C) You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person or entity;
- impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable, or otherwise violates any applicable law;
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law;
- is an advertisement for goods or services or a solicitation of funds;
- includes personal information such as messages which identify phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references;
- contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury; or
- is a chain letter of any kind.
Moreover, any conduct by a user that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Services will not be permitted.
(F) We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content. We have the right in our sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever to edit, refuse to post, remove, or disable access to any User Content.
SERVICE CONTENT & THIRD PARTY LINKS
(A) We provide our Services including, without limitation, Service Content for educational, entertainment and/or promotional purposes only. You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed through any of our Services for any other purpose. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of any Service Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Service Content.
(B) In many instances, Service Content will include content posted by a third-party or will represent the opinions and judgments of a third-party. We do not endorse, warrant and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement offered through our Services by anyone other than our authorized employees or spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
(C) Our Services may link or contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third-party websites or liable to you for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your dealings with any third-party or their website.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless STOBER and its officers, directors, employees, parents, partners, successors, agents, distribution partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their related companies (collectively, the “STOBER Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, obligations, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of, related to, or that may arise in connection with:
- your use of our Services;
- User Content provided by you or through use of your Membership;
- any actual or alleged breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant that you have made to us; or
- your acts or omissions. You agree to cooperate fully with us in the defense of any claim that is the subject of your obligations hereunder.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
(A) YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR SERVICES AND SERVICE CONTENT (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE STOBER PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY:
- WARRANTIES THAT OUR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS;
- WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, OR INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OF OUR SERVICES OR SERVICE CONTENT;
- WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE;
- WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED OR ACCESSED THROUGH OUR SERVICES;
- WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF OUR SERVICES;
- WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED; AND
- WARRANTIES THAT ERRORS IN OUR SERVICES OR SERVICE CONTENT (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
(C) In some jurisdictions limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
(A) We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect users to do the same. In appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, we may terminate and/or disable the Membership of users suspected to be infringing the copyrights (or other intellectual property rights) of others. Additionally, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole discretion, we may remove or disable access to material on any of our websites or hosted on our systems that may be infringing or the subject of infringing activity.
(B) In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, Title 17 of the United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”), we will respond promptly to claims of copyright infringement that are reported to the agent that we have designated to receive notifications of claims infringement (its “Designated Agent”). Our Designated Agent is:
STOBER Drives Inc.
Attn: General Manager
1781 Downing Drive
Maysville, KY 41056
(C) If you are a copyright owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner) and believe that your work’s copyright has been infringed, please report your notice of infringement to us by providing our Designated Agent with a written notification of claimed infringement that includes substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the DMCA. Inquiries that do not follow this procedure may not receive a response.
CHOICE OF LAW; JURISDICTION AND VENUE
DISPUTE RESOLUTION & MANDATORY ARBITRATION
(A) We each agree to first contact each other with any disputes and provide a written description of the problem, all relevant documents/information and the proposed resolution. You agree to contact us with disputes by contacting us at
STOBER Drives Inc.
Attn: General Manager
1781 Downing Drive
Maysville, KY 41056
We will contact you based on the contact information you have provided us.
(B) If after 30 days the parties are unable to resolve any dispute raised under the previous provision, the dispute may only be submitted to arbitration consistent with this Section. The parties understand that they would have had a right or opportunity to litigate disputes through a court and to have a judge or jury decide their case, but they choose to have any disputes resolved through arbitration.
(C) We each agree that any claim or dispute between us, and any claim by either of us against any agent, employee, successor, or assign of the other, including, to the full extent permitted by applicable law, third parties who are not signatories to this agreement, whether related to this agreement or otherwise, including past, present, and future claims and disputes, and including any dispute as to the validity or applicability of this arbitration clause, shall be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the JAMS under its rules and procedures in effect when the claim is filed. The rules and procedures and other information, including information on fees, may be obtained from JAMS’ website (www.jamsadr.com) or by calling JAMS at 949-224-1810.
(D) We are entering into this arbitration agreement in connection with a transaction involving interstate commerce. Accordingly, this arbitration agreement and any proceedings thereunder shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16. Any award by the arbitrator(s) may be entered as a judgment in any court having jurisdiction.
(E) Exception to Arbitrate. Either of us may bring qualifying claims in small claims court. Further, as set forth below, we each agree that any arbitration will be solely between you and STOBER, not as part of a classwide claim (i.e., not brought on behalf of or together with another individual’s claim). If for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the classwide dispute must be brought in court.
NO CLASS ACTIONS
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PURSUE DISPUTES ON A CLASSWIDE BASIS; THAT IS, TO EITHER JOIN A CLAIM WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ASSERT A CLAIM IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF ANYONE ELSE IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
NO TRIAL BY JURY
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
AMENDMENT; ADDITIONAL TERMS
(A) No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.