CareersThank you for your interest in STOBER North America. We recruit only the highest caliber individuals to join the STOBER team.
Please direct your cover letter, resume, and application to:
- STOBER Drives Inc.
- Attn: Kay Moss
- 1781 Downing Drive
- Maysville, KY 41056
You can also e-mail your information to email@example.com or call 606-759-3657 ext. 3617
- JOB OPENINGS -
Product Support Engineer Closing Date: 09/04
- Execute assigned task assuring timely completion.
- Set a positive example of performance, demonstrating responsibility, tact and professionalism in dealing with all customers inside and outside of SDI. Act as a role model for tQRDce.
- Assist customers in the correct technical selection of the Stober Drive and Motor Solutions for their demanding application.
- Ensure order entry accuracy to facilitate effective product processing so we always exceed customer expectations.
- Proficient in sizing all Power Transmission, Servo gear products and Motors products.
- Conduct mechanical & electrical calculations.
- Support outside sales with competitor cross over. Maintain competitive data base.
- Modify or create 2D drawings and 3D CAD files for components and assemblies.
- Accesses cabinets, of up to 10 feet above floor level, to reach components and material.
- Periodically checks work area to maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
- Observes company policies related to dress, appearance, attendance, employment, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
- Assists in creating/updating instructional material for the Learning Management System and training conferences.
- BS in mechanical engineering
- Co-op or experience in electromechanical/motion control environment is a plus.
- Capable of using both 2D and 3D CAD. Solid Works Experience is a plus
- Ability to use Excel/spreadsheet calculations is a plus
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Participative work style
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with many diverse personalities in challenging situations, while maintaining a courteous, professional demeanor.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Good communications skills, written and verbal.
- Results oriented with a high level of initiative.
The Product Support Engineer is involved in a variety of duties focused on product application support and customer care activities. This includes working closely with the Product Manager to document technical and quality requirements, preparing drawings for customer reference. The Product Support Engineer will conduct daily task planning, quotations, order entry, and assisting customers with proper drive selection. Knowledge of all product lines, their specifications, components, and assembly. All duties are performed under the Quality System guidelines of ISO 9001.