The Quality Inspector applies quality control to production processes, inspection, gauging, and calibration, to continuously improve quality, safety, productivity, and efficiency. While also performing a wide range of quality oriented tasks on selected tools, equipment, and gauges.
- Interpret technical drawings and detect faulty tolerances.
- GD&T (geometrical tolerances, orientation, location, and run out)
- Familiar with methods of measurement (CMM, gauges, hand tools, mics, calipers, etc…)
- Provide support, problem solving, and root cause analysis.
- Understand QC methods, Understand procedures, work instructions, manufacturing techniques, products and product flow.
- Execute computer transactions & associated documentation.
- Calibrate gauges and quality equipment.
- Write procedures and work instructions.
- Audit and monitor quality requirements.
- Understand non-SDI manufactured parts: seals, bearings, oil, and other essential parts.
- Coordinate daily tasks with other Team members.
- Perform housekeeping duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Observes company policies related to dress, appearance, attendance, employment, ect..
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical experience (as in High School Technology Center) is a plus, but not required.
- Strong interest in quality, quality procedures, and processes
General: Individuals in this position are expected to perform daily functions with little supervision. Matters that do require approval should be coordinated with supervisor or manager. Stober is an equal opportunity employer.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Participative work style.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with many diverse personalities in challenging situations, while presenting a courteous, professional demeanor.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Good communications skills, written and verbal.
- Results oriented with a high level of initiative.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Mechanical ability.