The Accounting Apprentice performs a wide range of duties in the field of accounting, including accounts payable, receivable, invoicing.
- Daily customer invoicing/credits and confirming all posted and emailed/faxed.
- Distribute mail to employees.
- Enter AP PO and non PO invoices for Germany and for other vendors as needed.
- Perform front desk duties and secretarial tasks as needed.
- Perform 6S duties of front office area and kitchen area.
- Balance Stober check payment monthly.
- Calculate monthly freight giveaway schedule and other monthly close information.
- Coordinate daily tasks with other Team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Observes company policies related to dress, appearance, attendance, employment, etc.
- Quality report updated as required.
- One year experience in an accounting/bookkeeping office environment helpful, but not required.
- Classes in Accounting/Business a plus, but not required.
General: This is a four-year apprenticeship program. (Previous work experience, MCTC credit, and/or college credit may qualify to be applied to the first 2 years of this program). Apprenticeship compensation is based on a % of Normal Wage. Entry level compensation is dependent on education/experience coming into the program. Compensation will increase as the Apprentice progresses through the program, culmination in Normal Wage at the end of the program. This position requires earning 12 credit hours per year in the appropriate program at MCTC. Books and tuition for this class work are company funded, provided minimum academic requirements are met. Individuals in this position are expected to perform daily functions with little or no supervision. Matters that do require direct supervision should be of a nature that requires the decision making or authority of higher level management.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Participative work style.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with many diverse personalities in challenging situations, while presenting a courteous, professional demeanor.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Good communications skills, written and verbal.
- Results oriented with a high level of initiative.