The Electrical Engineer (EE) is focused on specific electromechanical devices (Servo systems, consisting of gearing, electric motors, electronic amplifiers, PLCs and bus systems). The EE will have both theoretical and “hands-on” involvement with the servo systems. All necessary information and tools will be provided. The EE will apply his/her knowledge by training customers and co-workers in servo system theory and operation. The EE will assist customers with applications, adjustments and service of servo systems. All duties are performed under the Quality System guidelines of ISO 9001.
- Connect and setup 3rd party drives to run STOBER motors
- Execute assigned tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- Set a positive example in terms of performance, tact and professionalism with all customers and co-workers.
- Assist customers in the understanding of and use of servo systems, and in solving application challenges.
- Ensure order entry accuracy to facilitate effective product processing so we always exceed customer expectations.
- Support Product Management with special project support.
- Proficient in sizing all Stober product lines and matching them to other system components.
- Work with high voltage 230v, 460v equipment following proper safety practices.
- Read and interpret drive and motor manuals.
- Support outside sales with competitor cross over. Maintain competitive data base.
- Troubleshoot Servo Systems
- Accesses cabinets, of up to 10 feet above floor level, to reach materials.
- Periodically checks work area to maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
- Observes company policies related to dress, appearance, attendance, etc.
- Some travel is required. Part of the initial training will take place in Germany.
- Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
- BSEE in electrical engineering.
- Co-op or other experience in an electromechanical field is a plus.
- CAD Experience -2D, 3D, or electrical drawing a plus.
- German language skills a plus, but certainly not required.
- Electronic hardware, wiring, soldering, read and interpret electrical schematics
- Knowledge of motor encoders and feedback devices a plus.
GENERAL: Individuals in this position are expected to perform daily functions with little supervision. Matters that do require approval should be coordinated with supervisor or manager. Stober is an equal opportunity employer.
- Interest in working with electromechanical devices, software and simulation.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Participative work style.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with others in challenging situations, while maintaining a courteous, professional demeanor.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Good communications skills, written and verbal.
- Results oriented with a high level of initiative.