CareersThank you for your interest in STOBER North America. We recruit only the highest caliber individuals to join the STOBER team.
Please direct your cover letter, resume, and application to:
- STOBER Drives Inc.
- Attn: Kay Moss
- 1781 Downing Drive
- Maysville, KY 41056
You can also e-mail your information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 606-759-3657 ext. 3617
- JOB OPENINGS -
Electrical Engineer/Motion Control Closing Date: 12/04
- Connect and setup 3rd party inverters to run STOBER motors.
- Detailed design and development of power and signal requirements for electromechanical systems.
- Development of electrical schematics, BOM’s, specifications, and other engineering documents.
- Test and evaluate electrical systems, harnesses, and subassemblies.
- Perform static and dynamic testing of electrical motors.
- Programming and integration of PLC and HMI devices.
- Provide sales support to field reps, including regional trainings.
- Assist customers in the understanding of and use of servo systems, and in solving application challenges.
- Troubleshoot servo systems.
- Work with high voltage equipment following proper safety practices.
- Sizing of servo systems using tools such as ServoSoft and Motion Analyzer.
- Read and interpret inverter and motor manuals.
- Proficient in sizing all Stober product lines and matching them to other system components.
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 lbs and access overhead cabinets to reach materials.
- Periodically checks work area to maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
- Observes company policies related to dress, appearance, attendance, etc.
- Some travel is required. Part of the initial training will take place in Germany.
- Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
- BSEE in electrical engineering; 3+ years of experience preferred.
- Must have experience with servo motors, motor controllers, and associated electronics.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley, Rockwell, Siemens, Bosch, and Control Techniques hardware a plus.
- Working knowledge of Fieldbus (Ethercat, CAN, Profibus,RS232/485, etc.)
- Must be familiar with electronic lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, DVM’s, data loggers, hi-pot testers, etc.
- Experience with motion control and multi-axis machine motion highly desirable.
- CAD Experience -2D, 3D, and Solidworks Electrical a plus.
- German language skills a plus, but certainly not required.
- Interest in working with electromechanical devices, software and simulation.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Participative work style.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with others in challenging situations, while maintaining a courteous, professional demeanor.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Good communications skills, written and verbal.
- Results oriented with a high level of initiative.
The Electrical Engineer (EE) is focused on specific electromechanical devices (Servo systems, consisting of gearing, electric motors, electronic amplifiers, PLCs and bus systems). The EE will have both theoretical and “hands-on” involvement with the servo systems. The EE will apply his/her knowledge by training customers and co-workers in servo system theory and operation. The EE will assist customers with applications, adjustments and service of servo systems. All duties are performed under the Quality System guidelines of ISO 9001.